Though the COG features some delicious meals, it still can’t seem to beat a home-cooked meal from Mom or Dad. Six Gonzaga students reminisce on their favorite food from home:
- I love my mom’s Dutch Babies with fruit compote on top.
— Katherine Heinlen (Seattle)
- While in Florence, I’ve been missing my mom’s snickerdoodle cookies.
—Kelley O’Toole (Portland)
- My mom’s tortilla soup and marionberry pie.
— Madeline Hueske (Bend, Oregon)
- My mom’s asparagus spaghetti with shrimp – it’s really good.
— Russell Jang (Piedmont, California)
- Filipino food! I always make pancit and lumpia with my dad when I am home for break.
— Charlie Ibarra (Roseville, California)
- My mom makes this Spanish soup called pesole that I love.
— Connor Coombs (Camas, Washington)
Add your own favorites in the comment section!